A. Crispus flowering

The inflorescence is decaying now, so this questions is a little late for
this plant, at least, but I thought it should wait until I'd had a chance
to read the relevant sections of Kasselman's book in detail, and after
reading it, I'm still curious:  will my A. crispus need to go dormant after
flowering?  and would removing the inflorescence before the blooms open
make any difference to the timing of the next resting period?  If all the
leaves fall off, I guess I'll have my answer, but I'd prefer to be
forewarned (and ready with a large plant to replace this currently large
specimen).

Thanks for your help,

Diane Brown