Re: AGA 2002 Showcase

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Diana Berberich wrote:

>    When are the photos for the entries this year
> showing all those lovely aquariums we have worked on
> so diligently. I can't wait to see them.  Or do we
> have wait for them to be judged before they are shown
> on the internet to the public.
> Diana

Hi Diana,

Well, like it says on the site :) the showcase will open for viewing
simultaneously with its announcement this weekend.  This will specifically
be at the banquet on Saturday night (sometime after 7 PM).  Our 3rd judge
just finished his scoring yesterday and the judges are now doing the
"popular choice"  determination.  I'm going to spend today and tomorrow
prepping the site for release so it's all ready.

This year I will be running a bandwidth throttler on the site to severely
limit traffic to the guys who think it's fun to download the entire site,
while allowing the just plain regular folks who browse through the entries
reasonable good response.  We'll see if that works at all.  I still bet
it'll be swamped for the first 2 days.

  - Erik

--
Erik Olson