Fishless Cycling

As I was browsing the chemical supply store's shelves, I thought about
fishless cycling. It seems to me that much of the wait is for the
bacteria to develop that digest the ammonia and produce nitrites, and
then the bacteria that digest nitrites and expel nitrates. People have
successfully been cycling their tanks by addition of pure ammonia and
waiting. It occurred to me that the process time could be cut in half if
a source of nitrites was added simultaneously. Does this not sound
correct to anybody?

--
Jerry Baker