[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: New moss?
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 22:47:56 -0500
- In-reply-to: <200210280949.g9S9nvTL019504 at mailhub_actwin.com>
- User-agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
Well out at the springs once again. This time trying to avoid being bitten
by a black and white spider looking like a crab except it had red colored
spikes coming from the abdomen, I found a large moss growing submerged
attached to some bald cypress knees.
There is Fontinalis growing there also and it's not that. It's much larger,
perhaps the microphylls are 2-x as long as the willow moss. Much larger
internodal length also.
There was not that much there but I have some at home now and will see how
it does. It seems to have a good potential.
The Chara is beautiful, smelly, but beautiful.