moving an aquarium - thanks

Hi All,

Thanks for all the responses on moving my aquarium.  There has been lots of
good advice.  As suggested, I think I will invest in an ice chest (well
insulated) to put the fish in, and an inverter to power a small heater for
the drive (as well as a battery powered airstone).  I think I'll drill a
couple of small holes in the top for ventilation.

I had neglected to mention a part of my plan which was to build a
plywood/2x4 base to move the tank full of gravel/plants on.  I was going to
elevate this base next to the tank stand, then slide the tank onto
it.  Many strong friends would then help load/unload it from the truck,
lifting the wood base, so that the gravel weight wouldn't stress the tank
directly.

HOWEVER, I think I have been convinced that it will be better to empty the
tank of plants and gravel.  The tank will be unstressed and the plants can
be packaged better.  Perhaps I will put the plants in a second ice chest
with additional insulation around it.

Once again, thanks for all the good advice.

Regards,
Mark Gilmore