Re: NO3 Loss

I think this thread has already answered my question for the most part. I'm
having problems keeping my NO3 above 0 since I increased my lighting and
started adding CO2 in my community tank. It's a 55 gallon tank with 2x40W
T-12's and one 55W CF, medium to high plant density, DIY CO2, large canister
filter and not so many fish. My water values at night after lights out are:

PH: 6.8 (6.6 in the morning prior to lights on)
Ammonia: 0
NO2: 0
NO3: 0
KH: 3
GH: 6
Temp: 85F (usually 80 but treating fish at the moment)

At the moment I have 11 platties (used for cycling and still haven't found a
new home for) 2 young loaches, 3 cory cats, 6 SAE and a boat load of fry
from the platties. Next month I will start to populate the tank with
permanent residents: 3 Blue Rams, 3 Apistos ?, 30 cardinals and need to get
rid of the platties (loaches, cory cats and SAE will stay).  The plants are
doing great except for a little algae growing on the anubias where the light
is strongest (a day of darkness along with the SAE usually does the trick
for me when I want to clean that up).

Can I assume that the extra fish load next month will help keep the NO3
above 0 ? Suggestions?

Thanks

Giancarlo Podio