[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Getting rid of Green Dust
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Getting rid of Green Dust
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 01:32:11 -0400
- In-reply-to: <200210211011.g9LABT81024529 at mailhub_actwin.com>
- User-agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
Well I poke around and ran across a type of algae that seems to fit Green
dust. I'll get more on it later.
But it produces zoospores like crazy and these simply reattach and it seems
like they grow right back with in a few hours.
So if you run a micron filter/UV etc you can remove them in one shot. Scrape
them off first and have the filter running. Remove them before they settle
and have a chance to reattach.
They keep coming back till you give them a whack. Applies to a number of
algae in a way.