[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Why is ADP port scanning ?
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: Why is ADP port scanning ?
- From: Elizabeth Naime <elspeth at kc_rr.com>
- Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 23:12:01 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
- In-reply-to: <200210220131.g9M1V6wP018048 at mailhub_actwin.com>
Thank you, Bill, that was very helpful and informative! It reminds me of
the first time I installed a firewall, asked for full reporting of every
little thing, and found out what "internet background radiation" is.
From a non-techie viewpoint, an additional suggestion would be to
immediately notify PetsWarehouse that some hacker calling himself (or
herself) "kevin d" has been messing with non-public parts of the
petswarehouse.com website. Unless there really is an innocent reason for
having access to someone else's server's IP logs? And we all know how
suspicious those hotmail accounts are.
Maybe there really *is* a plot, a conspiracy, and this "kevin d" has been
the cabal all along!