Re: floral wire on cork, II

I forgot to mention one thing about using wire which might rust away -
hopefully, by the time the wire has rusted to the point where its no longer
holding the plant in place, the plant's roots will have invaded the cork. In
my big tank, I used cut up paper clips which are simple mild steel, to hold
Java Moss, Java Fern and Anubias to the back wall of cork. By the time the
thin wire had rusted away to nothing, the plants were firmy attached to the
cork by natural means (roots). The same thing happens with driftwood. Wire
is fine, just stay away from copper or brass wire or lead strips.

James Purchase
Toronto