Help! Need to ID a possibly noxious plant

I was poking around at a local wetland reserve this morning and there is
some kind of aquatic plant seedling springing up everywhere. It has obviate
succulent leaves in a flat rosette. Larger specimens have a swollen
petiole. It's a light lime green growing in full sun, submersed as well as
in recently emmersed wet mud. I have this horrible feeling that it is water
hyacinth but I don't know if that germinates in the mud or not. If it is
this area is in for a major infestation and I'll want to ring the local
council to tell them as WH is a declared noxious weed here. The area has
only just been built and they've widened and deepened the creek to make a
billabong and there's lots of seedling native species coming up including
Marselia sp. and Frogsmouth but they won't last long if this really is
Water Hyacinth coming up.