Large tank=Grand Piano in weight

Big tanks such as this need to have their weight spread over a larger area.
In one of Amano's books they discuss using a decorative solid wood dias to
place the tank stand on to spread out the weight. On the more specific
topic of building the tankstand, my Father and I built a stand for a 100gal
I had in the basement when I was a kid. The stand was 4x4 reinforced with
angle iron bracing for all the joints, legs and base. Better safe than sorry
as you can consider a tank of this size as being a grand piano set on it's
side in a 1.5meter long space.

Edward Venn,
SMG Holdings Co., Ltd.,
Deux Chateaux Blanc 2-303,
1356 Kobuchi, Kasukabe,
Saitama, Japan

Get a speedy connection with MSN Broadband.  Join now!