Re:vortex diffuser

In a message dated 10/16/02 4:55:14 AM, Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com
writes:

>Why doesn't the vortex thing work better? Any guesses out there?

I worked on some last winter. I made a complex koflow style and it requires
too much pressure. It's a function of dwell time (to dissolve) and water
chemistry (saturation). It just isn't going to happen if it can't. I ended up
with a venturi design, the gas climbs to the top and is sucked into the
venturi, over and over until it dissolves. I can only dissolve about 2
bubbles a second without the gas building up, so I just set the needle for a
rate that dissolves. I don't know if it is possible to easily oversaturate
the water with co2, I haven't been able to force it.