KH/pH drops-- HELP!

HELP!
I know lots of you are way more chemically-literate
out there, so I need to know how I can raise my KH
(2.5) in a small tank (6 gal). I've read about raising
it with baking soda, but I don't have a measuring
spoon in 1/12 tsp (or that's what I calculated anyway,
FWIW)! Also, for what it's worth, I use a phosphate
buffer (Seachem Equilibrium 7.0), which I've read in
the archives (besides the dreaded "P" word) might
"interfere" with a carbonate buffer. To be honest, I
read the posts but couldn't quite grasp enouugh to put
to practical use. Today, one day after a 15% water
change, my fish looked stressed and the pH was
dropping below 6.5! I added more 7.0 and they now seem
to be acting less weird, but can anyone advise me on
the best course of action to raise KH and stabilize
the pH (I'm assuming here that the low KH is
responsible for pH drop, but feel free to disagree).
I'd really appreciate any help anyone could offer.
Thanks,
Erin