Pruning help for a Nymphaea lotus needed

Brought a sad looking Nymphaea Lotus (nice red leaves) from my LFS for cheap
due to it's condition.
Well three weeks later it's becoming a monster with leaves bigger than my
hand.

My question is what is the best way to prune/shape it?  I'v got in a back
corner in my 90 gal tank and it gives great shade for my clown loaches and
their stone cave but soon it's going to reach the top and I don't want just
huge leaves on the water surface.  Right now it's mid way with smaller
leaves below filling it out nicely

PS. It says medium growth on the Tropica information lable thingy.... medium
growth my ass :)

Thanks
Pete.