[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: Nutrients vs. algae
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: RE: Nutrients vs. algae
- From: "Jeremy White" <jwhite at zzz_com>
- Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:59:02 -0700
- Importance: Normal
- In-reply-to: <ODEFLAHCHPGPOLLONEDBEENLCCAA.jwhite at zzz_com>
From: Jeremy White [mailto:jwhite at zzz_com]
Sent: 11 October, 2002 16:10
To: Lee Boon Chuan
Subject: Nutrients vs. algae
I would post this to the list, but I seem to have stopped getting it.
Anyways - FWIW - I seem to only get algae when there is a imbalance.... that
is, vastly more PO4 then NO3 (or the opposite.)
When I run high PO4, and high NO3 (and enough Fe) I get a decrease in algae.
Funny, I got the MOST green thread algae when I have NO PO4.
So, my experience seems to back yours up.
Also, I run a pretty high light tank (2.5 wpg.)