Re: Lighting.....

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Aquatic Plants Digest wrote:

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 20:41:00 -0400
> From: Scott Rossi <srossi at scottrossi_com>
> Subject: Lighting.....
>
> I have decided to take the leap and go to PC Lighting.  I am looking for ANY
> input/suggestion on what to buy.  I have to go 36" wide and am looking to go
> to 196 watts (2x96) 46 gallon tank.
>
> I was looking at the JBJ Lighting with dual fans and the ones from Jalli.

I too would be interested to know a list of PC lighting manufacturerers.
I'm having trouble deciding whose type of light to buy.  I don't have a
shop or anywhere to make my own hood/top, either, so I'm looking for
something pre-built.  So far, I'm aware of:

JBJ lighting:  http://www.jbjlighting.com/

CustomSeaLife:  http://www.customsealife.com/
	(though I've read that their fans are incredibly noisy.  Anyone
	 have experience if this is still true?)

Pet Supply Liquidator:  http://petsupplyliquidator.com/
	(I _think_ they're making the lights they sell....)

Aquarium Hobbyist Supply:  http://www.ahsupply.com/
	(Only provides DIY kits)

and now I see there's someone called Jalli.  A quick Googling didn't turn
up anything about them.  Does anyone have a URL?

Can anyone suggest other manufacturers I could look into, please?

Thanks very much,
-David

(this is a re-send; i think the list ate the original.  very sorry if it
ends up being a duplication).