[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #387
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #387
- From: Susan Aufieri <susanaufieri at mac_com>
- Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 07:36:34 -0400
- In-reply-to: <200210080748.g987m8k03326 at acme_actwin.com>
- User-agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.0.4
Dr ajit athale asks:
> Do frogs eat fishes? Is its excreta also fertiliser for plants?
Frogs will attempt to eat anything they think they can fit into their mouths
At a friend's pond you can have some innocent fun with the frogs using fully
formed grass seed heads. Dangle that over the water and all the frogs come
over and glom onto it and won't let go. You can actually pull one right out
of the water because they refuse to let go of the "food".
Eventually they figure out the game, spitting grass seed out. Despite that,
they will repeatedly attack. Not the sharpest tools in the shed...