Re: The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out

Mike wrote:

>Be wary of opening attachments. A user on this list is infected with the
>Bugbear virus. It arrived in my mailbox as the script "Employee
>List.doc.scr" under the heading "Drosera auriculata seeds."
>
>Make sure you all have run your anti-virus software.

Yep, it looks like Klez found a friend.  Along with 4 Klez files, I've
received 7 Bugbear files over the weekend including the one Mike
mentions.  Bugbear is a relatively new critter -- be sure your virus
definitions are up to date.  Defs for Norton AntiVirus should be dated
10/02/2002.  Note that Bugbear also tries to kill processes of various
antivirus and firewall programs.  Make sure you're running the latest
version/update of your software.

Bugbear (W32.Bugbear@mm) attachments will have a double extension ending in
.exe, .pif, or .scr.  It's an MS Windows worm, so users of Unix, Macintosh,
and Linux are safe.

For more info, see:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.bugbear at mm_html
--