Re: The clause about Klez

Scott H. wrote:

>But the APD list only accepts and forwards plain text,
>nothing fancy and no attachments.  So, just to be clear
>about mucky topic, you won't catch a virus from the mail
>APD sends you.

Very true, Scott.  I should have been clearer about that.  The danger to
APD members lies in the "off-list" email that Klez is sending out in
conjunction with it's posts to the list.  Even then, only the attachment
carries the actual worm.

As for attachments, I've received a dozen or so Klez-infected files since
last May.  Executables (*.exe), program information files (*.pif), and
screen saver files (*.scr) seem to be it's preferred methods of
propagating.  Klez will sometimes append one of the mentioned name
extensions to otherwise benign file types like picture files (*.bmp, *.jpg,
etc.), so look out for that.

[Redacted]
--
Chuck Huffine