Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #367

Tom was telling us all: How to build a cheap sump wet/dry for your plant
tank
> The prefilter is a basic Amiricale which run about 40-50$.
> These take up far less room and make less noise than the built in
overflows.
> It'll be covered with plants and hidden anyway.

OK, where does one get an Amiricle prefilter? I can't seem to find these on
any of the online stores.

Now, the top "maroon" tub. It contains nothing but a sheet of felt? If I
understand correctly, the purpose of this tub is just to rain the water down
over the bioballs correct?
What size holes do you drill (is this even important save to make sure
they're big enough to prevent an overflow)?

> Regards,
> Tom Barr

Thanks again Tom.

James Foley