Moving plants

   Hello
    About 6 weeks ago I moved several species of plants from my aquarium to a
heavily shaded outdoor pool..They have grown more and look far healthier in
the
6 weeks than the previous year in my tanks. Why is this and why can't I
duplicate
it in my tanks? Obviously, everything is the same except for the volume of
water
and maybe slightly more light. though I doubt it as I have 300 watts on the
tank.
And the pool is surrounded on 3 sides by tall and heavy growth. Any ideas??
                                              Gary