Re: building a wet dry -- everything but the handholding

Tom,

Thanks for the additional info on the low cost trickle/sump
filter.  I know it might have seemed extreme for me to ask
for some of that stuff, but when you're sharing your wisdom
with simple blokes like me, well, all the help is
appreciated.

I'm jsut the Ozzie Nelson of aquatic gardening.  I once
asked Erik Olsen how to fit the tubing to the regulator.
He was kind enough to answer with more than just "why, just
use fittings of course."  He didn't even say, "Want me to
draw you a picture?"  But he did send me a picture.  I've
passed it on to many others since then.

I didn't suspect that Surge was a brand name of pump -- it
happens to be the common name for a type of pump -- guess I
know too many plumbers.    With that low a flow for that
many watts, it must be able to develop some real head
pressure.

Now, in place of bioballs, add some plastic wadding or bulk
purchase plastic army soldiers, and you really hold down
the costs.

Scott H.