Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #363

Rachel,

I've successfully grown crypts in just the parameters you've described.  My
tap water has a KH of 1.0 and a lower 6 pH.  I'm willing to make the bet
that it's the frequency and volume of your water changes.  To be honest,
I've only changed the water in my crypt tank once in the past two or two and
a half months.  My fish are in good shape and my crypts have exploded now
that the have a rich substrate.  If you're concerned about your fish, do
small water-only changes of about 10-15% every week or every other week.
You plants should be using up enough Nitrogen that the fish shouldn't be in
any danger.

Enjoy your plants!
Phil