re:[none]plants in center of tank, not back

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 15:48:01 -0400 (EDT), Aquatic Plants Digest spake
thus:
>Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 13:58:24 +0000
>From: kristiananderson at att_net
>Subject: [none]
*snip*
>Does it make sense to place the tall plants along the centerline
>of the tank
>and the shorter plants in the front and (what used to be) the back
>symetrically?  Perhaps a "mountain" like setup with tall plants in
>the center
>and shorter ones descending towards the corners?  Has anyone ever
>tried this

There's a tank in last year's AGA contest that may help inspire you.
http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/2001.cgi?&op=showcase&category=0&vol=1&id=55

Be sure to copy and paste the entire address, as my mail client is
line-wrapping it.
    There have to be many different ways of doing this.  cork forms
    covere din plants, or driftwood, like the above photo, of just
    groupings of various height plants, etc.
    I'd put the filter output at one end, flowing along the a long
    glass side of the tank, and that'd likely set up a circular flow
    the length of the tank along the sides.
-Chrys
"Those who do not think about their own sins make up for it by thinking
incessantly about the sins of others."  --C. S. Lewis