Number of Holes for Spray Bar

I have to ask because I don't really understand the hydrological debate on number of holes etc. in a spraybar.

I have manyfactured my own spraybar 140 cm long and drilled 4 mm holes about 10 mm apart over the entire length.
The spray is evenly distributed along the entire length.
Now, did I get the number of holes correct by chance? Or is there another explanation to this?

Well, I thought about it and came up with something that may differ from most setups and maybe this is the trick. You tell me, I'm just guessing.

The bar; The spraybar is built in a L - shape. The short part (60 cm) stands in the corner and is open to air on top. Right beneath the cover glass. The other part (140 cm) is burried in the gravel over the length of the tank.
Water from the pump (Fluval 404) enters at the top. There is also a tube comming from the reaktor-S (CO2 reaktor driven by it's own Ehiem 2252 pumphead) and it enters the same opening.
Should all holes be covered at the bottom of the tank, the water would surely overflow the open opening where the pumps deliver their water.
Otherwise it don't overflow at all, inspite there beeing only 1 cm from the tube top to the waterlevel.

Question: Could it be that the open to air top, equals out all hydrological pressures, thus giving an even flow?
Or have I just been lucky and got the number of holes right?

The pipe is an ordinary plastic plumming pipe, used under the bathtub and so on. Diameter is 30 mm.

The trick: The open to air top. I assume that most ppl connects their Ehiems & Fluvals directly to the spraybar, wherefore the pressure inside the spraybar is direcly linked to the output of the filter pumphead's capacity. Please tell me if my assumption is wrong.

How did I come upon such a brilliant idea? I didn't. I was just beeing lazy and in a hurry to get the tank going. Hooked things up and thought I'd fix that later. But it works perfectly! And following the device; If it works, don't fix it! I continue to let it be :-)

Has anyone tried a similar setup?

/Greger