re: T8 lamps

Roy wropte:

I'm not sure this is true. Aquarium lamps are way more expensive than
standard T8's in England as well, labelled 36 watt or not.

---

I am sure that anything targeted to a small market will be expensive but you
have the choice of buying something that is targeted to a much larger
market. You can buy Phillips TLD 865s, 950s or 965s. All those lamps will
grow plants really well and look good too. The 950s and 965s will naturally
be fairly expensive but all of those lamps have 20,000 hour ratings. There
is basically no reason to buy special aquarium lamps.

Wayne