Re: Look, my beautiful girl friend

As I'm sure you're all aware, this is the work of the Klez worm, which does
not infect Macintosheses (Macintoshii?).  Someone who has Tom's address in
their Outlook address book is infected with Klez, and the virus is
camoflauging itself by randomly selecting his address and using it as the
"from" address in its outgoing (i.e. replication) emails.

More info on the Klez worm, and a tool for removing it from your computer,
can be found at:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.h at mm_html

It behooves everyone who's on the internet to check out that link and skim
through the list of subject lines used by the Klez worm, so that you can
identify them when they arrive in your in-box.  (And believe me, they WILL
arrive in your in-box.)

And for the love of all that's holy, people, QUIT CLICKING ON ATTACHMENTS!
If you're tempted to click on an attachment, first email the person who
(ostensibly) sent it, and ask them if it's kosher.  The "from" address is NO
GUARANTEE that the message is legit.

Sorry to sound so rabid on this topic, but I do this internet support thing
for a living.  It ain't pretty down here in the trenches!  :)

 - Erika