[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re:Ichetuckenee & Najas
- To: Aquatic Plants Digest <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re:Ichetuckenee & Najas
- From: Wright Huntley <jwwiii at pacbell_net>
- Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 09:05:14 -0700
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.0.1) Gecko/20020823 Netscape/7.0
> Najas in the only genus in the family. A rather odd plant.
> Tom Barr
What *Najas* species are we likely to encounter in aquaria? Around here,
the only kind I have, and that we normally see, we call *guadalupensis*,
but IDK if that is correct. It's leggier than the photo, usually, and a
weed that very rapidly takes over any well-lit tank.
How do you pronounce the genus name? Is the "j" a normal Latin/English
sound or the "h" sound of Spanish?
Wright Huntley -- 209 521-0557 -- 731 Loletta Ave, Modesto CA 95351
"The main political divide of our time is between those who trust
the state and those who do not." -- Alberto Mingardi