Vallisneria americana

Anyone have any experience with Vallisneria americana? I found it in my
local river. While looking it up on the Internet I found info that I like:

V. americana also acts as a nutrient buffer by using dissolved nitrogen and
phosphorus for growth, thus making these nutrients unavailable for use by
algae

It is a grass like plant that has has multiple 1cm wide leaves. In the river
they were about 9-15 feet long. I found some floating on the surface so I
grabbed them. It is a pretty attractive background/midground plant.

Sam