Rorippa aquatica

>Hello, A couple of months ago I mentioned that I had planted a
>detached leaf from a Rorippa aquatic plant and that a stem plant
>grew from the leaf instead of the normal rosette form.  Well, the
>stem grew to about 2 inches above the gravel with leaves sprouting
>from the stem in fairly wide intervals. Now the plant is finally
>developing the rosette form 2 inches above the gravel.  I'm leaving it
>alone until I see good roots come out of the base of the rosette
>since I haven't had good luck keeping this plant alive 'til now.  Ray

I only see this stuff in the very early spring here. It looks like a decent
enough aquatic early on, then changed to a very leggy stem-like plant
growing completely out of the water. By June or July it's pretty much gone.

I'm surprsed you have some this time of the year.

--

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://killifish.vrx.net
 / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://www.vrx.net