PH Drop

Most likely causes for PH drop. 1. New CO2 ( Was using a tank that had been
unused for perhaps one to two years and just got it refilled ) 2. Removed
large mat of Glossostigma and possibly released some Hydrogen Sulfide.
Any other ideas? Normaly with regular weekly water changes I can maintain
the PH at 6.5 . Over the past few days I have been shutting the CO2 down
quite a bit to maintain the ph above 6.3 . What are some reasons that PH
drops? Plant growth and algae growth are both very acceptable.
Thanks
Steve