Re: Types of Reverse Osmosis membranes

Larry wrote:

>Does anyone know the types of RO membrane. I remember the TFC and CA. But I
>thought there was a third newer type marketed for aquarium users. I ran
>across it on a web site and forgot to bookmark :(

As far as I know, there's only two types of RO membrane:  CTA (cellulose
triacetate) and TFC (thin film composite).  The newer type you're thinking
of may be either the "high-silicate removal" (what Kent Marine calls
"Hi-S") or the "ultra-high rejection" membrane.  These types are just
superior quality TFC's that have consistently high rejection rates.

Check out http://www.spectrapure.com and http://www.kentmarine.com.
--
Chuck Huffine
Knoxville, Tennessee