[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Probably impossible but....or What's the point with fluorescents?
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Probably impossible but....or What's the point with fluorescents?
- From: "S. Hieber" <shieber at yahoo_com>
- Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 14:49:01 -0700 (PDT)
- In-reply-to: <200208291948.g7TJm1Q13446 at acme_actwin.com>
Hopkins, Samuel asked:
> Anyway to get a fluorescent lamp to produce the
> water that a
> "point of light" source creates? I doubt it
> I'd check.
Pretty sure not. The light emanates from such a large area
(all of the painted glass surface of the tube) with a
fluorescent that distinct shadows are hard to find. They
are inherently diffuse. They aren't even really a line
source (as opposed to point source), unless you accept the
notion of really fat lines ;-)
But you can try to use a few small spot light bulbs along
with your fluorescents to introduce some highlights
(literally) in your tank. Mixing a Metal Halide with
fluorescents can be very effective.
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Finance - Get real-time stock quotes