Least Visible Pump for Planted 10gal?

I'm about to give up on the little 3 gallon tanks I've got. They're the
System3's and they were just bought on a whim. The biggest problem with them
is that even though there is nominally 2w/gal the light is toward the front
of the tank and the back of the tank is shaded by the biofilter assembly.

The result is that anything planted in the back grows poorly while things in
the front grow quite well. In fact when a few pieces break off the feeble
plants in the back and float to the top in front of the biofilter they grow
like crazy. Water is clear, stable and fish seem happy. Flourite substrate
with DIY CO2.

I'm thinking now I should just give up on them and go to a normal 10gal with
a couple of 15W lamps to give me a nicely distributed 3w/gal. This time I'll
go with just something to move water around rather than a "filter".

I hate clunky things in the tank that I have to landscape around so what's
the smallest pump I can get?

tnx
jtm