Re: On Beer Gas

Andrew Roberts wrote:
"Beer gas is usually sold at a mixture of 75% N2 and 25% CO2, so it wouldn't
be
as "concentrated" as plain old CO2.  The N2 is used to avoid the
overcarbonation of beers like Stouts & Porters.  It also produces a fine,
creamy head in such beers."

That's fine, but beside the point. Rachel's original question was could this
stuff provide her plants with a source of N, negating the need to dose KNO3
separately. It can't. We don't aim for a creamy head of foam in our planted
tanks.

On the other hand, during the heat and humidity wave we experienced here in
Toronto this summer, I did appreciate lots of foam in my beer...

;-)

James Purchase
Toronto