Salt and plants?

Hello :) I am pretty new to fish and even more new to planted tanks. All of
my fish are betta splendens, and three of my females are in a planted ten
gal. tank. I don't have much lighting, so I have java moss, java fern, and
anubias.
Anyway, my question is about salt . I put 1 teaspoon of salt in with every
gallon I do for water changes. (I used to do 1/2 a teaspoon but I have
doubled it, since my fish have had a few health problems lately- they have
gotten some bad tears in their fins, and one has jumped ou) It helps my
fish, but I've also heard it's not very good for aquatic plants. Is this
true? I was wondering, if that could by why my java moss is dieing. Because,
I thought java moss was a good plant for tanks with low light?
-Heidi