Discus diet and parasites.

Hello everyone,

This is a bit off topic. I was reading about Jack Wattley and his
discus. He said:
"For the gradual elimination of internal parasites without using a
medication. We feed fresh garlic with our frozen foods."
This is interesting, how does it work? What is the science behind it?

I also have some parasites in my tank. They look like dandruff.
Extrememly small whitish spots darting around especially on the glass
and bottom of the tank. There are also very small worms(1mm long)
wriggling in the water. How do I kill them? My discus is still healthy.

Any help is appreciated.
TIA
Wayne Wah from Singapore.