Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #291

>>Spoke at length today with a Pathologist regarding the potential treatment
of my tetra mouth fungus problem. The first question I was asked was if the
bacteria I was trying to treat was  gram negative or gram positive. The
advice I got was that if you identify a gram negative bacteria you are
wasting your time with amoxicillin ( AKA maracyn ). Recommended for gram
negative bacteria was a sulpha based antibiotic. I was told the most
effective way to treat gram negative bacteria was with Ciprofloxin. Being
almost sure that I have an issue with Columnaris ( Gram Negative ) I am
going to treat some of the remaining fish with some Cipro as a test. ( Don't
throw out those unused presciptions )
I'll let you know how it goes.
Steve

------------------------------<<

You should check this out:
Aquarium Hobby-Vet
Fish Value Dead = 0.00!

Accurate Diagnosis + Correct Treatment = Live Fish

Disease Diagnosis, Toxicology Problems, for Salt & Freshwater

Now you can try the full, unlimited-use version of Hobby-Vet, the world's
most advanced and comprehensive diagnosis and treatment guide for fish
pathology, for 2 full days for only $10.95! Afterwards, if you would like to
purchase an unlimited use license, you can do so within the next 6 months
for only $138!

That's a $10.95 download discount plus FREE SHIPPING!

http://www.fishvet.com/store/hobbyvet.tmpl?refsku=02051314153535