Re: Does CO2 eat acrylic?

David wrote:

The owner of a LFS just told me that CO2 ruins acrylic tanks.  He says
he was so informed by an acrylic tank supplier, and showed me some
damage
allegedly due to CO2. Is there any truth to this?

Lots of people have acrylic tanks or acrylic wet/dry filters and CO2
injection. I have never heard of a problem before. It seems like he is
FOS. There is more than one type of material used in acrylic tanks
though so maybe one of those materials is susceptable. There is CO2 in
all tank water so if this were actually true acrylic tanks wouldn't be
of much use.

Wayne