Wiring new light system, need ideas

I am having a friend help me wire my new lighting sytem.  I am using
water-resistant endcaps and 5 T-8 lights with 2 electronic ballasts.
He knows lighting well and says he can wire up any design.  I'm
interested in any ideas or conveniences that will help me.  For instance,
I know I want half of the lights to come on 30 min before the rest.  I
would also like to be able to turn off each light independently if I
needed
to reduce the lighting level.  I have nice reflectors so this may be too
much light for what I want.  I know I also want a GFI.

Are there any other ideas I should consider?

Ty

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.