[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: How to kill a big turtle?
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: How to kill a big turtle?
- From: Paul Krombholz <krombhol at teclink_net>
- Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 23:45:18 -0500
- In-reply-to: <200208141948.g7EJm1215274 at acme_actwin.com>
- References: <200208141948.g7EJm1215274 at acme_actwin.com>
If it really is a small pond he can rent a pump and pump most of the
water out. Then, there will be no place for the miscreant to hide.
I would give it a ride to a pond or river a couple of miles away.
I have caught quite a few turtles while fishing, although never one
as big as 10 pounds. They like worms. Watch out!, They are mad when
you reel them in, and want to bite you.
I used to catch turtles for a physiology lab when the school where I
teach was low on funds and we couldn't afford to order them. I found
that the kind of long-handled net sold for netting out leaves and
other things that fall in swimming pools was quite effective. You
have to wait patiently until the turtle sticks its head up, and then
move fast! Your brother should anoint himself liberally with
mosquito repellant. West Nile virus, you know.
Paul Krombholz in well-watered central Mississippi, with
thundershowers the last three afternoons, and more forecast for