Potassium Sulphate

Hi
Can somebody tell me if adding Potassium Sulphate to the aquarium will make the hardness go up ??
does the sulphate harden the water ?
My tap water is 130ppm GH and 150ppm KH with a PH of 8.2
my aquarium water is 170ppmGH and 220ppmKH with a PH of 7 using CO2 to bring the PH

as my wife wants to change from J.Ornatus  to  Discus we have to soften the water and keep it that way in the planted tank ,
 as I dose with Potassium Sulphate & M.sulphate regularly  I thought I would ask the people in the know.

Thanking you
                    Dean (outback OZ)

multipart/alternative
  text/html