[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re:Portoalegrensis sword
- From: Paul Krombholz <krombhol at teclink_net>
- Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 06:01:20 -0500
- In-reply-to: <200208130748.g7D7m2E21975 at acme_actwin.com>
- References: <200208130748.g7D7m2E21975 at acme_actwin.com>
From what I can find in Kasselmann and Muhlberg, it is a medium-sized
sword 20 to 30 cm. high, that requires a well-lit, open location.
It grows slowly and the only known means of propagation is cutting
the rhizome in pieces. However, I see that the plant pictured in
Tepoot has an inflorescence with plantlets.
Paul Krombholz in well-watered central Mississippi, where the moist
air has returned and substantial rains are expected.