Re: lighting for a 75

> I'm finally purchasing a 75-gallon tank.  It will be
> heavily planted with CO2.  I'd like to have about 3
> watts per gallon and am not sure how to accomplish
> this efficiently.  Does it make sense to get a
> twin-tube strip light and retrofit it with an AH
> Supply kit?  I've also seen Oceanic CF fixtures in my
> favorite mail-order catalog.  I also wondered if CF
> bulbs emit heat that require a cooling fan.  I don't
> want a complicated setup.

I'd just make a light weight wood fixture and add 4 x 55 watt PC lights from
A&H. That's plenty of light for you. No need for a fan really IMO. As long
as air can move through and vent some, you are fine. Other non PC fixtures
are nice also but you do pay for it. A&H kits are rather easy even for the
person with extra thumbs:)
Regards,
Tom Barr