Re: Lighting for 75 Gallon Tank

Julie,

I can't offer anything in the way of advice about retrofitting, other
than to say that if you are so inclined, you could probably save some
money by doing that. I do know that AH Supply has been excellent to
deal with since I buy my light bulbs there.

As far as CF's and cooling fans go...

My JBJ's have fans and the housing still cracked ( I assume from the
heat). I think I would definitely go with fans. Just try to find
lights with a nice thick plastic on them, if they have any plastic at
all. Mine have plastic endcaps and those didn't hold up. That's very
dissapointing when the fixture is just over a year old:(

Sob...anyway....

I would be interested to know how the Oceanic lights are made, if
someone would chime in on that.

JoAnn - in Pueblo, Colorado where it almost never rains and is much too hot.