[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: What plant is this?
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: What plant is this?
- From: Paul Krombholz <krombhol at teclink_net>
- Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 23:59:45 -0500
- In-reply-to: <200208091948.g79Jm2E26508 at acme_actwin.com>
- References: <200208091948.g79Jm2E26508 at acme_actwin.com>
>From: "Kinney, Travis" <kinney at pdtarchs_com>
>Subject: what plant is this?
>Does anyone have some they can spare?
My guess is that the emergent plant is Lysimachia nummularia, and
that the small amount of plant seen under water is the Ammano
pearlgrass, which may or may not be closely related to Hemianthus
micranthemoides. There also is a small amount of duckweed at the
edge of the mound of Lysimachia.
Paul Krombholz in well-watered central Mississippi, getting a
mini-dry spell in the first part of August.