[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Chinese - Siamese algae eaters
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Chinese - Siamese algae eaters
- From: Joe Reiter <jreiter at bigfoot_com>
- Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 14:24:39 -0700
- References: <200208091948.g79Jm2E26508 at acme_actwin.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.1b) Gecko/20020721
> Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 04:34:57 -0700 (PDT)
> From: "S. Hieber" <shieber at yahoo_com>
> Subject: Re: Chinese - Siamese algae eaters
> Some folks think that SAEs become rather piggish when they get older.
> Chinese Algae Eaters become what can only be described as ornery and
> somewhat aggressive, perfectly happy to try to suck off a mouthful of
> food from the side of you angelfish.
> It is said that their taste for algae declines with age.
> Scott H.
I have to agree with Scott on this one. I had 3 adult Chinese algae
eaters in my planted tank a while back. As they got older they
continued to get more and more aggressive and basically stopped eating
much of any algae, until they were always going after my other fish and
trying to suck on them. I eventually had to tear down my entire planted
tank just to get them out of there. (They are very fast and good at