Slime

Hello All:

I set up a soil based plant tank three weeks ago. It has developed a
strange translucent off-white slime - its not algae whatever it is.
Covers the rocks, glass and plants - not the substrate, except where
scraped off bits have landed. The water here tends to foam a little,
suggesting to me at least that the phosphate load may be high. I don't
have the facilities to test the water at this time. Tank gets direct
sunlight for 4 hours and indirect + ambient fluorescent for another
four. I'm injecting CO2 using the yeast bottle method.

Any ideas? It looks like it may be either bacterial - perhaps protein -
or fungal.

Jacques