[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Eheim
- From: Jerry Baker <jerrybaker at attbi_com>
- Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 12:34:15 -0600
- References: <200208060748.g767m1U11651 at acme_actwin.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.1b) Gecko/20020804
John Wheeler said,
> Hey gang,
> How is "Eheim" properly pronounced?
> I've said it in my head 1,000 times, but have never spoken it aloud
> until today, and boy am I embarassed;)
> Thanks, John Wheeler
Following German pronunciation rules it should be pronounced ee-hime.
Vowels are usually long if they are followed by a single consonant, and
"ei" is always pronounced "eye".