Re: Surface Skimmers

I believe the Ehein skimmer was originally created for a smaller volume
filter than yours.  However, they do (or did when I pruchased mine) suggest
using a T-connector in the line and a standard submerse intake on the other
arm.  This allows the unit to do the job without noise or air-gulping from
intake starvation.  There is a range of water levels available for proper
function.  Perhaps when the floating intake is resting low, it is a hint to
top up the tank?

Robert